Pages

The Perfect Crisp White Shirt

12.1.11

Another wardrobe staple for Spring is the crisp white shirt.  I hate to admit it, but I've had the same white shirt for more years than I care to remember!

Shirts are something I really struggle with.  The perfect fit is crucial.  I would love to wear shirts more often but I simply can't buy something off the high street without having to adjust it myself.

I want the perfect shirt that doesn't gape at the buttons on the chest but that also fits me at the waist.  Bravissimo is the only place I can find this.  You order the shirt based on your waist and chest measurements and then select the correct size according to these measurements.  The one I ordered (many moons ago) fitted me absolutely perfectly.  The only problem is, it looks old-fashioned now.  So I'm on the hunt for a new white shirt.

Obviously, my search has taken me straight to Bravissimo, but they only have a couple of white shirts and they aren't the most stylish things I've ever seen.  Maybe it's because we're between seasons at the minute, they may get some better options in with the Spring collection.  I personally don't like long sleeved shirts, unless I have the option or rolling the sleeves up.  I'd much rather wear short sleeve or 3/4 length sleeve styles.

Image from Bravissimo

You can see from the image above how the shirt fits really well around the waist though.  They look great tucked into a smart pair of trousers for the office.

I may even try on some men's shirts and see how the baggy look works.   It looks great on the Dries Van Noten catwalk.

Oh to be a flat chested model!

Image from Elle Canada

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 lovely comments:

 
Follow Me on Twitter